When at last we have used Poppy's final tube sock,
It'll be time for us to invest in some "Hanes" stock.
And with his quick rate of gnawing through 'tube'
We can put the label
on our little dude!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
When at last we have used Poppy's final tube sock,
It only took her doing it once......
.......before Dylan caught RIGHT ON and remembered it even two days later!!!!!
The art of CHEEK PINCHING!
"Oh, Momma! I will be gentle!"
So, thanks to Aunt Delcie, we now have a new Miniature Pin
Friday, May 29, 2009
These of me and Amy are two of my favorites. We are standing in front of the same rose bush, 6.5 years time difference. Plus, I have the yard view behind me, she has the house view behind her. I had the roses in bloom, she did not. But never mind that! LOL Same bush, same little pony tail, same cute little sisters!
Go check out everybody else's FFF at Kiss the Frog 4 Me.
P.S. It is Sarah's daughter Morgan's 17th birthday, and she dedicated her post to her today. I used her pictures and did a little photo editing, and here is what I came up with for Sarah! Happy Birthday Morgan!!!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Dylan, Grammy & Momma Amy went to Perry Point Church for a Memorial Day service this past Sunday. My grandmother, grandfather, uncle, cousin & several other relatives are buried there, and it is where my Mamaw Virgie went to church. He got to see several of his great aunts on my dad's side of the family that he had never saw before. They had a great time playing with him and he enjoyed them, too. He WORE himself out, as you can tell in the picture above, which I took when they came home. Here is some other pictures of the day below.
Oh, wait! Nee Nee didn't go, and Momma Amy DIDN'T TAKE ANY PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, not completely true. Someones brain kicked in gear and got these two of him with his Great-great Aunt Polly Ann.)
I was SOOOO excited when they got home, to hear about Dylan seeing his aunts and such, and hopefully a few of his (100+) cousins on that side of his family. I couldn't WAIT for the pictures. I thought there would at least be 60 or 70. You know, snap snap snap all day long. Nope. Momma's brain just ain't wired like Nee Nee's. What was important, though, is that Dylan got to actually meet these people, whether we have actual photographic proof or not!
Here are a few more of Dylan crashed out after his Memorial Day outing.
Check out everyone else's Tell Me Thursdays here!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
You see, I was IN the audience when this was recorded LIVE at the Charleston Civic Center. And I CANNOT find it on cd ANYWHERE. Trust me. I have looked. And I am not computer savvy enough to "steal" it off the internet.
He closed the show down with it. No, I take that back, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" was last. Anywho. You should have been there. Not only was it a great tribute to Conway with all these great old pictures on the big screen, it was just so, well, AWESOME! I LOVE Kenny, and even if you only liked him, you would have melted that night! He is much 'bigger' in person that one would expect. (I was greatly pleased, as I had prepared myself for a scrawny little fella!) He is quite muscular, and even normal height, even though he looks so short on tv and such.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
You know you’re from the Appalachian Mountains if:
1. You’ve been referred to as a "young'un" by your elders.(Check.)
2. Any 4-lane highway was an "interstate." (Check.)
3. You know Pinto Beans as "Soup Beans." (Check.)
4. Its pronounced "App-uh-la-chun" not "Appa-laach-an." (Check.)
5. You never had cable, and some of your relatives still don't. (We always had cable, but I know people that still don't.)
6. You know all about the "snipe hunting" fiasco. (Check.)
7. You've willingly eaten something one of your family members hunted, shot, gutted, and filled the freezer with. (Not willingly, but tricked once!)
8. You don't get grossed out by putting worm on a hook. (I DO! But my sister doesn't!)
9. Some outsider made fun of your accent/dialect. (Um, SOME?!?! Like ALL!)
10. You went barefoot in the summer because it felt good, NOT because you were "poor." (Check, unless it was muddy!)
11. You caught "crawdads" and "salamanders" around the nearby creek growing up. (I didn't, cause I think that is "gross" but again, my sis has!)
12. You laughed your butt off at "The Andy Griffith Show." (I have even been to the real Mayberry. By accident, due to the hurricane evacuation one vacation, but we stayed 3 days!)
13. You caught "June Bugs" in the summer and sometimes even tied a string to a leg and watched them fly around in circles..." (Not me, but my mom!)
14. You never missed your high school football games. (Duh.)
15. There were certain schools you weren't allowed to play because the attendees couldn't contain themselves.
16. Old cars and pickups are COOL! (Aren't they cool everywhere?)
17. Jeff Foxworthy, King of Rednecks, made fun of your "local" airport in your nearby big-to-us town of Ashland, KY, on his Blue Collar Comedy Rides Again Special.
18. You called her "Mamaw," NOT granny. (I had BOTH, thankyouverymuch!)
19. The electricity went off when it snowed too much, but you had a fireplace or Kerosene heater.... (We just had gas heater stoves. Plus electric heat.)
20. No matter how far away you were from the railroad tracks, sometimes you'd hear the distant sound of a train..... (We live SO CLOSE to the tracks I often DON'T hear the train because I am SO used to the sound.)
21. You have at least one relative who worked in the coal mines. (Make that like 90% of all male relatives.)
22. A big city to you was Knoxville or Roanoke.... (Pigeon Forge and Columbus. lol)
23. You know what Poke is. (Both kinds, Poke from the garden and poke as in a bag.)
24. You were taught how to properly handle a firearm before you completed elementary school. (High school, but only because I was a girl!)
25. You used said firearm to shoot at trash floating down the river after a flood.
26. You were fed POP out of a bottle as a child. Occasionally, not exclusively.
27. You said the pledge of allegiance and never thought about it hurting anyone else's feelings. The clause "Under God" was not a problem for you. (We weren't aware it was a problem for anyone, back in school.)
28. You remember Vacation Bible School. (We still have VBS.)
29. Your Mom could sure make a great fried chicken supper! (Check.)
30. You LOVED "The Dukes of Hazzard..." (Before my time. But John Schneider is very cute. And Hazard is in my state. Don't know if it is the same Hazard, as they are spelled differently, but Hazard, KY, would definitly work for filming a remake.)
31. Diane Sawyer came to YOUR TOWN to do her "Appalachia Sucks" special. Okay, okay, it wasn't titled that, but she might as well called it that, by the way she acted.
32. If Diane Sawyer knows what is good for her, she will not be back to make a special anytime soon. :)
I did not take a picture of these ants circling a drop of ant bait that fell out of the Terro thingy (which works AMAZINGLY, by the way, as you can tell by the ant neighborhood that moved into the trap) and immediately think of the song "Will the Circle Be Unbroken." I do not have a post coming up (complete with captions, of course) of MORE ant circle pictures. Not me. I would not mix ant poison and religious songs, because that is kinda weird, right?
I did not tie one of Poppy's TUBE SOCKS around the (almost) 29 year old crib that Dylan is tearing apart piece by piece with his TEETH this week. Nope. Not me.
I did not finally decide on a name for our last un-moniked kitted. Momma Amy graciously allowed me to name one, and it did not take me forever to name it. It is Dylan's kitten Bear's sidekick, so of course I did not have to go with a theme. The first name I did not think of that went with "Bear" was "BJ" (as in BJ and the Bear, some tv show I know NOTHING about and have NEVER watched, but still, it did exist, right?) and debate over the name because of my cousin BJ. I did not settle on B.J. - Bubba John - anyway. Not BJ's name, by the way, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE BJ (for real, not a 'not me') but I tend to think of him like this:
Not like this: Until I found this picture of him at his girlfriends prom this year, and decided maybe he did not fit the "fluffy" Bill *wink* a little bit after all! He would so not kill me over putting this on here, either. He should have thought about that before posing with this masquerade mask, right?!?
I also did not find some GREAT pictures off my friends Myspace page and steal like 30 of them enjoying Memorial Day Weekend at their grandmothers house. I did not edit them and oooh and awww over lots of them, either. Only crazy, stalker people do stuff like that, right?!? lol
I also did not take like 10 picture of the tv, exactly like this one, goofing off with camera settings, then forget to delete them. I did not hear Mom say, "Who took all these pictures of the tv and why?" Not me, Mom.
Well, I know am forgetting something, but can't think of it right now.... If I think of it, I will update it later. For now, the brownies Momma Amy fixed are SOOOO not calling my name!
See? (He looks JUST like my baby pictures here, by the way. Just had to throw that in.)
All done, and "embarrassed" by his "horrific" actions.
Didn't last long, though! LOL
"No, really, Nee Nee. I am good for a while. Let me just play with my rake. Nothing to see. Nothing to smell."
"See? Just leave me be for a while......"
"Look how cute I look and everything!"
"Well, at least READ to me after you change me, OKAY?"
And of course, I did. Change him, that is. And read to him, too. How can a gal resist when they carry it around like that and pout? Even if you read it 14 million times a day?!?! LOL Isn't that what childhood memories are made of? Poop & Books?
Not to brag here or anything, Dylan ALREADY knows what ALL the animals in his new book "does." (You should hear him "growl" like a polar bear! Too cute! And the bunnies go "MMMMM" while eating their lettuce! We ad lib over the duckies and their bath, because then he thinks he gets to take one! LOL) Except the baby kangaroo. He just isn't that interested in it for some reason. No biggie, since he will probably never even see a kangaroo. Unless there is kangas in the Louisville Zoo. Do you know Aunt Willie? We will probably wait until next year, or at least towards fall, but Dylan HAS to go to Louisville Zoo. Just like he HAS to go to Camden Park this year. (We would wait til next year on CP, but you never know from year to year if they will reopen ;} )
Saturday, May 23, 2009
We were celebrating Mother's Day, Susie's Birthday AND Sharon & Chester's Wedding Anniversary. Shew. Lots to celebrate. And, my FAVORITE cake I have decorated of all times, so far anyway. (This was still a good day for all, because it was before Alex's accident. It didn't happen til later that evening.)
Here are some of the decorations and the food.
My personal favorite decoration: the hanging palm tree. It looked really pretty in person.
The grass skirt I hung from the door way.
Some general decorations through the window.
Pineapple in the window. Balloons and lanterns hanging in the kitchen. With Grammy, Sue & Herman.
Some fruit & dip. (LOVE the reflection in the toaster.)
The cheese log, as my friend Tiff refers to it, instead of a cheese ball.
Close up of the lantern. LOVED (and saved) them. For future luau's.
Me and Sissy Sharon put the little neon lanterns I made anywhere and everywhere.
And now the cake!
Dig the ladies skirts and bikini tops, just catching some rays and drinking some cool drinks. Totally oblivious to the danger lurking at their feet. (To the tune of the creepy Jaws music: Da Dum. Da dum. DaDum DaDum DaDum.)
AGGHHH!!! Then, Global Warming hit and the ENTIRE OCEAN DISAPPEARED!!!!!