Wednesday, April 1, 2009

True Story Tuesday! Wednesday!



You know me. A day late and a dollar short. My new bloggy friend Rachel at Once Upon A Miracle has started True Story Tuesday! when you confess your terribly true (but maybe wish they weren't) stories for the whole world to see. If you do something so ridiculous, might as well share the laugh, right? Go here to check out everyone else's True Story Tuesdays!

This will be a quick one. Gotta get ready for a Dr. appointment.

This just happened a couple days ago. My dear, sweet, never puts her foot in her mouth Mother was on the phone playing secretary for my dad about a carpenter job he and his friend/"co-worker" are going to be doing for a lady. You know, getting the main gist of what she wants done, when she wants it done, etc. Dad tells Mom, pre-phone conversation, to tell the lady to have her husband stop and see them, since they are working just a little ways away from where they live. Sounds nice, right? Let the men do the men-folk talk. First, let me set the scene. I am at the computer. Dad is in his chair. Not sure where Dyan is, running around somewhere, and my sis Amy is right beside me in a chair watching tv. Mom is in the kitchen, which is VERY open to where I am located, dialing the lady. Okay, now on to the conversation. It went as follows:

Mom: Hi! This is Homer's wife. He wanted me to talk to you about the job you wanted done.

Pause for Lady to say something.

Mom: Great! Yeah. Um huh. Oh? I see.

More pause for Lady to say something.

Mom: Well, he said to just have your husband stop by 123 Elm Street and talk to him in person so they can get a better idea of a time frame and what you need and if he could do that, that would be great. It is on his way home, just right before your house and all. So tell him to be there on Monday anytime after, what time, honey? After 10?

Dad: YES! (Since he already told her what time! LOL)

Mom: Yes. Any time after 10 will be great and.......... What?

Longer Pause.

Mom: Oh, Woman's Name that I cannot remember, I am soooooooooo sorry. I had no idea. When did he pass? Oh. I see. Uh huh. Yes. Well, no problem, they can just talk to you.... blah, blah, blah.

ME: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My Sister: SLAP! Hand over my ridiculously laughing mouth to shut me up.

Don't ask me why. I am terribly sad that this woman's husband is DEAD. It just struck me SO funny. I have an awful strange sense of humor. I was really laughing at my MOM. She is always getting in these situations. Poor woman. I hope to goodness she didn't hear my hyena-like laughter. I am always doing things like that, too. :)

4 comments:

Recovering Noah said...

LOL. Your poor mom! I would have been so flustered. I mean, what are the odds???

Has she recovered yet? :-)

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Your funny!
That poor lady and your poor Mom!
=)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! How on earth do you back out of THAT one gracefully? I cannot imagine!

Though it's funny, what a sticky spot for your poor mom!

Thanks for joining up - we love your stories... no matter what day they're on :)

Have a great day my friend!

Heather said...

OMG, how hilariously awkward can that be?! ... I used to try and 'save' accounts for America Online and it was always super awkward when I was begging for someone not to close the account and they'd finally break down and just say THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE ACCOUNT IS DEAD. ... oh, good times.