Okay, so the new froggy bloggy wasn't working for me. One, it took FOREVER to load. Two, it kinda made me dizzy after looking at it for a while!!! Three, it was just plain not what I had in mind. I probably would have left it up longer, though, just because I worked so hard on it, but the loading thing was really getting annoying. So I used The Cutest Blog on the Block to make this new swingin' design. Hopefully it will be load-friendly. It was much easier to make, though, due to my 3 days experience with the other one plus using TCBOTB. They have neat blog secrets over there, too, so check it out and get brave to "mess" up your blog a little. Just SAVE your original template that you are currently sporting. You know, just in case you royally mess it up (like me) and can't go back to the original!
Moving on. Twitter. After much deliberation (say, oh, 3 seconds) I decided to add Twitter to my left sidebar. For those of you who check the blog more than once a day, but only find no new posts, that is what Twitter is for. (For those who are not familiar with Twitter.) Throughout the day, I (and maybe I can get Momma Amy in on the act!) can post what they call "tweets" about what is going on in the moment, or some such little tid bit, that my be interesting, but not quite post-worthy. I think I have it set to show 5 tweets at a time, then click on "follow me on twitter" to see the ones before that. It is really neat, and keeps those interested (ahem... Aunt Willie for one) in what Dylan and his crew are up to throughout the day. So, I now am a proud, official Tweeter on Twitter. Tee hee. I must warn you that I am not overly educated in Twitter, but I think I can manage to tweet from the computer. You can get all fancy and send tweets from your cell phone, but it is not like we have continuous cell phone service here in the hills of KY, so I see no point in that.
Moving on. Twitter. After much deliberation (say, oh, 3 seconds) I decided to add Twitter to my left sidebar. For those of you who check the blog more than once a day, but only find no new posts, that is what Twitter is for. (For those who are not familiar with Twitter.) Throughout the day, I (and maybe I can get Momma Amy in on the act!) can post what they call "tweets" about what is going on in the moment, or some such little tid bit, that my be interesting, but not quite post-worthy. I think I have it set to show 5 tweets at a time, then click on "follow me on twitter" to see the ones before that. It is really neat, and keeps those interested (ahem... Aunt Willie for one) in what Dylan and his crew are up to throughout the day. So, I now am a proud, official Tweeter on Twitter. Tee hee. I must warn you that I am not overly educated in Twitter, but I think I can manage to tweet from the computer. You can get all fancy and send tweets from your cell phone, but it is not like we have continuous cell phone service here in the hills of KY, so I see no point in that.
1 comment:
When I'm in this weekend, Nee Nee, you will have to educate me on how to "Tweet and Twitter" or is it "Tweet on Twitter"? I've heard about it but since my "tweeting, twittering" days are behind me, I haven't tried the modern version of tweeting and twittering. Or am in the wrong field??????????
Post a Comment