
Welcome to True Story Tuesday Wednesday brought to you by Rachel & Mr. Daddy @ Once Upon A Miracle. Go there for all the other TUESDAY stories, and perhaps a Wednesday here and there.
Remember how I said I had to take the heat off me since last weeks was pretty bad? Well, my darling sister took care of that for me this week! Wasn't that nice of her? I thought so too.
My sister and my mom was driving along in Paintsville, just minding their own business, when approaching a red light with several billboards to the left. My sister let her eyes wander over to them, not really paying that much attention to them, but suddenly something catches her attention BIG TIME!!!!
"Oh!" my sister gasps, scaring my mom half to death.
"WHAT?!?!?!" my dear mother yells back, thinking someone is going to slam into them or something
"Look at that man! He is going to jump!"
Mom saw what she was referring to and BURST OUT LOUD LAUGHING.
Okay, for starters, let me just say that my sister needs new glasses, and to pay attention every once in a while, because what she thought was a "suicide jumper" was this really CHEESY billboard with this larger-than-life-size man sitting on top of it, WAVING. Yeah, ALL jumpers WAVE before they slide of the edge, didn't you know that? lol
There is this really annoying lawyer who must be impressed with his looks because he plasters his face HUGELY all over the tri-county area. He has taken it up a notch to greater-than-life size figurines sitting atop billboards, apparently. (Kinda creepy looking, in my honest opinion.) But, hey, everyone knows who he is, at least, so I guess his weird advertising pays off!
Even if some people mistake him for a "jumper!"
Well, that is it for me today. I am a day late as it is. I will think of a doozy for next week when my brain has recovered from the holiday weekend.
3 comments:
Hahaha... oh, your poor sister. ;)
So glad she managed to rescue the would-be jumper before he did anything crazy!
That is soooo something I would do!
Thanks for linking up... I was gonna bug you yesterday since we missed your funny stories! :)
Oh my. I know exactly what you're talking about 'cause I've seen a billboard like that once or twice around here. I understand her mistaking the guy to be real, but it is quite funny that she thought he was contemplating doom while waving to the travelers. HA!
Post a Comment