Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cuzzin Robyn and her Critters

This one is kind of long, but PLEASE READ!

I have been wanting to write this post, but I really felt I wanted it to be at the right time. I feel the right time is now, so here goes.

You remember my wonderful Cuzzin Robyn, as she lovingly refers to herself when she comments on Dylan's sweet blog, who we went and ate lunch with while my other cousin Carol Jo was in? Robyn is to the far right, standing.



Well, she has had quite an ordeal as of late. I will quote some of her emails, so she will be telling you her story, since I could not do it justice.

Starting with the first email, then others as they followed:

"Dear family and friends...I got the results from the MRI on my breast and the "spot" in question came back "moderately suspicious" and Dr. M recommended a biopsy..."

"Hey, I'm asking all my family and friends to please pray for me...I'll be having my breast biopsy tomorrow afternoon at 3:00pm...I'm trusting the Lord to get me through it and for my results to be neg... thanks ahead of time for praying...Love, Robyn"

"This isn't an easy email to send and I don't know what to say except for this...I have breast cancer...wow...I did it...I typed it...never thought I'd have to...I'm just in shock and letting it all soak in...please please please pray for me...I need it so bad...and by the way let me close with this...God is still good...ALLLLL the time...Love everyone of my family and friends so much...Robyn"

"Dear family and friends,
I have a couple of dates that I need to give you guys...
Thursday, June 4th injection for sentinel lymph scan
Friday, June 5th back for actual scan and biopsy on sentinel lymph node - this biopsy will take one week to come back.
Friday, June 26th - Mastectomy and reconstruction"

"Dear friends and family...well...it's not good news...the sentinel lymph node biopsy that I had on June 5th was positive...not what I wanted to hear...Dr. M told me that just because it was, doesn't mean it is in all lymph's or other areas of my body...so, next on my long list of to do's is having a CT scan on my chest & abdomen, and a bone scan...Dr. M's words are "I do NOT expect it to be anywhere else"..."

"I wanted to thank all of my family and friends for all the prayers that went up for me for the scans I had yesterday...I went back and got the results today and....I have some wonderful news for a change...ALL my results came back just fine!!! Praise the Lord there isn't any critters anywhere else!!"

"Family and friends...I have a praise report for you all this evening...Dr. M's office just called and gave me some wonderful news...out of 11 lymph nodes that Dr. M took, ALL 11 came back negative!! Praise the Lord that is what I needed and wanted to hear! God is sure good...all the time!!!"

"Dear Family and Friends...I've been waiting on a result from a test called the HER-2. This test determines the growth rate of your critters (as you know I don't say the other "c" word because I DO NOT claim it for myself). ....Guess what?? Another answered prayer...my HER-2 is negative!!! Can I get an AMEN? I have just thanked and praised the Lord all the rest of the day..."

"Dr. C told me that I'd be having 8 treatments of chemo...4 "AC" which is short for Adriamycin and Cytoxan, and after that 4 Taxol treatments...after each treatment I will come back the following day for a neulasta shot that helps promote the growth of white blood cells, which help the body fight off infection. After Dr. C finished talking with me he decided that I needed a "Muga" scan. I know know know that the Lord will get me through this...He's brought me through everything so far and I know HE won't stop now."

"My first chemo day was NOT at all what I had anticipated...nowhere near as bad as I dreamed...well...here I am..."

Robyn preparing for her first dose.

Not sure what the nurse is doing or what exactly is going on, lol, but I think it looks like Robyn is pointing up to her Heavenly Father, who is the ultimate care taker. This gal KNOWS who is in charge!

Yessirre.... the chemo for the critters that come from no other than Satan himself. But guess what? GOD beats Satan ANY DAY! And Robyn has praised God throughout this ordeal, and gave him glory for her continued healing and blessings!

Receiving the first chemo treatment.

Be with her, Sweet Jesus, on the rest of her journey, as you have been with her so far.

Robyn and her sweet hubby. I love this picture.

Robyn has gave God ALL the glory and praise throughout this journey, and she desires EVERY ONE'S prayers for her for the remaining of her treatment. She also mentioned three special friends who have just finished with all of which she is now starting, and she asks for prayers for them also. I can't wait to give you all the NEXT good news God brings Robyn's way!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Praise God. That is an excellent report on her. God holds ALL the cards no matter what Satan and his dominions try to convince us of. So, praise God and will continue praying as He allows Robyn to be used as a vessel to bring glory to His name.

Aunt Willie said...

Beautiful post, my dear, sweet, compassionate niece. Robyn will be so pleased that you have taken time to send her praise reports and thanksgiving to God for His mercy to all who follow Dylan and his (your) blog. And, we do need to continue to lift her up in prayer for the remaining treatments that God will see her through this and allow her to keep her strength (and her hair) and that her life will bring glory and honor to Him - not just for healing - but for WHO HE IS; our all merciful, grace giving, peace providing, joy dispensing, life sustaining, comfort supplying and unconditionally loving Heavenly Father. The Alpha and Omega, Risen Lord, Lamb of God, Great Physician, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Rose of Sharon, Lily of the Valley, Bright and Morning Star, Day Star, El Shaddai, Elohim, Adoni, Jehovah God, Jehovah Shalom, Word of God and the WORD OF LIFE! Don't get me started; I could go on and on but for the sake of some who don't have as much time to read as I do to write (today), I will stop with those. And, if you can't tell, He is my EVERYTHING!!! I won't say I'm sorry for my praising Our Father because His word tells us if we don't the rocks will cry out. And, as Amanda (worship leader) said a couple of Sunday's ago - I don't want no rock crying out for me!

Love you all bunches..........

Anonymous said...

This is a very touching story, and one i am glad i didn't miss. All Thanks, Praises and Glory go to God. I have already, and will continue to pray for Robyn!

Alva Mae

Anonymous said...

You have no clue what this means to me...I am so amazed that you kept all my emails...I think this is probably one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me...and it's left my big ole mouth speechless! I'm in tears...I love you Lisa...Cuzzin Robyn

Anonymous said...

I, too, am in tears as I finish reading this. Breast cancer runs rampant in our family, mine and Lisa's grandmother on our mom's side was a several year survivor. We are all so thankful that everything is going great with Cuzzin Robyn, and continue to pray that all will stay going well!!! LOVE YOU ROBYN!!!!

Momma Amy

Anonymous said...

Love you too Cuzzin Amy Jo~~~Cuzzin Robyn

Anonymous said...

hi lisa, a wonderful job as always and i enjoyed all the comments. i am just reading this on august 14, behind as always!!!! I think lisa just does so good with all of this blog. i could never do this! I wish Robyn only good things and will continue to pray for her. cousin susie