Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Run Drive Away From the Light!


Welcome to True Story Tuesday! Your chance to let everyone know just how crazy you & your family are!

I have to admit I had forgotten this particular story (SOMEHOW! LOL) but my memory was jarred by this story from my bloggy friend Heather. I told her it was perfect for TST!

About 7 or 8 years ago, (can you tell I am really bad with time? I start all my posts for TST with "About ___ years ago...) I had been visiting a family from my church with my then-boyfriend. My then-boyfriend was totally obsessed with all things scary, so when Ghost Hunters (or whatever it was called) first came out, it was on! Whatever we were doing, wherever we were, we HAD to watch it. This particular night was after bible study! LOL
I usually watched all the scary stuff he did, but I did not have a love for it like he did. That particular night, the topic of choice was orbs, of course of which I had never heard of before. Now an orb is something that shows up in a digital picture, like below:

but there are two types of orbs: (or perhaps more, don't really recall the entire episode) one in pictures that may or may not be caused by lighting (think Sixth Sense and the flashes of light by his head, taken by a non digital camera) and flashes of light that go flying across your room. Like perhaps you thought you saw something out of the corner of your eye, but never could find the light source, or something. So we watched for an hour and I learned all I cared to know about orbs. Then I headed home. In the dark. The super dark. The super duper dark. The super duper dark that I was afraid of.

After about 10 minutes of continuous praying, I finally felt a little peace and even turned on the radio. I wanted to drive with the cargo lights on, but was afraid I would get in trouble. Don't know why I thought that, because there is only about a mile stretch where I actually had to worry about police force on my way home, which took about 35 minutes.

WELL, about 2 miles from home, coming around a big curve with a "humpy" drive way (what we call drive ways with all the gravels at the bottom of the hill that has washed off due to rain forming a hump) I almost got ran off the road and had to hit the "humpy" drive way. I think, "JERK!" and head on my way. About 30 seconds later, I notice a red light in my floor. It looks like a laser beam, you know the kind from the fad a few years back, and for some reason my first thought is "Sharp shooter!" (You know, since helicopters ARE known to hover in our area often.)
But a quick glance to the sky ensures I am not about to be shot down by a chopper. THEN the red beam proceeds to fly all over my floor on the passenger side. Like it is going WILD. Of course, I then immediately think, "AN ORB! IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I IMMEDIATELY kick it into high gear (by that I mean shoving my foot to the floor, since I drove an automatic) and continue to drive as fast as possible all the way home. All the while chanting, "In the name of Jesus, DEPART FROM ME!" and anything else I could think of to run off my orb that had followed me home. I have one eye (okay, one and a half) on the orb and the other half-eye on the road. There is some serious hyperventilating going on at this point.

So far, the orb is staying put in the passenger side floor board, so for that I was grateful. But there it is, just spinning and rolling and "orbing" all over my floor. Finally, I am within feet of my driveway. I then proceed to OPEN MY CAR DOOR and drive up my driveway with my door open and ONE LEG OUT THE DOOR!!!! (Hey, I wanted out ASAP!) I jerked it into park and got out and slammed the door and made a B-line for the back door. I get inside and run to the bathroom, afraid to tell my mom because she was always getting on to me and my then-boyfriend for our scary movie ways as it was.

To be honest, I don't really remember much of what happened that night. I am sure I prayed for God to remove the orb from my car before church in the morning, or something, but I cannot recall now.

THE NEXT DAY, I get my Granny and we are heading to church. (Not sure why it was just me and her, either. Sheesh, I am getting old!) About halfway there, she says, "There is something red at my feet," and bends over to check it out. Before I could scream "DON'T DO THAT!" she rises back up with a bouncy ball.

Okay, I am beyond puzzled. Then baffled. Then mortified. Then glad I didn't tell a SINGLE SOUL about my orb-ing experience the night before. You see, all my big, scary, ghostly, snipery orb turned out to be was a bouncy ball with a flasher inside that flashed a red light when bounced. It belonged to my sister. She had lost it. She had been looking for it for about two weeks. Apparently it was lost in my car. Apparently the jolt from the "humpy" drive way was enough to send it out from under the car seat where it must have been jammed and into a flashing frenzy. Then my CRAZY driving kept it rolling and bouncing ALL OVER THE FLOORBOARD until I got home, which kept the red "orb" light shining on. I never told anyone for years. LOL

No more Ghost Hunters for me after that, either, just so you know.

Head on over to Once Upon A Miracle to check out or contribute to True Story Tuesday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, SITTING HERE LAUGHING AND WOULD HAVE ENJOYED IT MORE BUT DAD DECIDED TO TALK THE WHOLE TIME!!! O WELL, WE LOVE HIM!!! I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT "ORB", I REMEMBER I HAD SCARED TONYA WITH THAT SAME BALL WHEN IT CAME BOUNCING TOWARD HER DOWN HER DARK HALLWAY, LMBO!!!
MOMMA AMY

Foursons said...

Bahahahahaha! That cracked me up!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

That is too funny! Once I actually "heard" someone talking to me in my van when I was all by myself. Turns out, it was one of the kids talking toys. Scared me to death!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Anonymous said...

Round three today Cuzzin Lisa!! I emaied you some pictures a while ago...this story gives new meaning to "Jesus take the wheel" for you to have been that scared He must've driven you home...He's driven me home many times...you are just halarious...love you and pray I get to see you guys on Sat...Love and prayers, Cuzzin Robyn hugs to baby cakes from me

Aunt Willie said...

My wild and crazy niece, how I love you! Now counting the hours. Say a prayer for us tomorrow as we drive. Got to go; pulling things out and packing time........... Hope to see you real soon

Anonymous said...

That is crazy funny!

Rachel said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Even you would have laughed at this...

here I am sitting and reading your scary story.

Then Itty Bit yelps and hollers from the other room (where he is supposed to be taking a nap, mind you) and scares the BEJEEBEES out of me!

Good timing, no?

This was too hilarious. Only because I could totally see myself freaking out about it!

Anonymous said...

As I've said before---you need to compile a book of your real crazier than life experiences! Would have to be a best seller. Love you much--Grammy