Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thank You Very Much

The Daily Dribbles


I know I am barely getting it in here, but welcome to
Thank You Very Much!
Brought to you by Kmama. Go check it out!


To my dearest nephew for picking my wedgie today totally unexpected and scaring me half to death, thank you very much.

To the old lady who made me feel terrible for having to wait FOREVER for her to check out in line only to find out she has cancer and made me feel like a dog for having NO PATIENCE, thank you very much. For real. We all need wake up calls occasionally.

To the 20 year old who made me feel young, then suddenly VERY old with one wink of his purty blue eyes, thank you very much. I really needed a reminder of just how old I actually am. NOT.

To Chris O'donnel for joining the television genre of acting, thank you very much. I am sure we are meant to be, but we just haven't met yet. YET. lol

To Snoop Dogg for coming up with such lovely songs as "Drop It Like It's Hot" that get stuck in my head ALL DAY LONG for no reason at all, thank you very much.

To the many, many unsupervised children in Wally World that were running rampant today, one of which I nearly ran over with my cart, thank you very much.

To the many, many parents of said unsupervised children in Wally World that were running rampant today, one of which I nearly ran over with my cart, thank you very much.

And, finally, to God for this glorious weather we are having in the end of November, thank you very much! I thought we were surely headed for dreary winter a month ago when it turned cold in early October. I was wrong.

To Kmama, Thank You Very Much!

4 comments:

Foursons said...

What is it with parents not controlling their children? Drives me nuts!

"A Totally Distracted" Aunt Willie said...

Thank you very much for all of your "Thank you very Muches". I really enjoyed them. And, I also thank God very much for the beautiful weather. It is awesome and has been a wonderful fall. Of course, along with the wonderful weather, I'm sure a certain "blue-jeaned, cowboy booted" man in my life (who I have been able to be with on a daily basis since 11/6) didn't hurt any!!!!! And, coming home in 13 DAYS isn't dampening my spirits any either.....!!!!!.....

Kmama said...

I laughed at your 'wally world' comment because it made me remember something that happened to my mom and me. We were in a store similar to Wally World, but it's called Meijer (and OH SO MUCH BETTER) and they only have them in the upper midwest. Anyway, we were walking through the clothing aisles taking a short cut and all of a sudden a little kid ran into, and bounce off of, the side of our cart. They weren't paying attention at all and were running high speed. The kid had criss-cross marks from the cart on her forehead. Once we realized she was okay, we laughed hysterically, but were also equally peeved that no one was watching the kid.

Anonymous said...

Amen to the comments regarding the parents who don't supervise their children. I feel sorry for the kids though, because their parents put them in harms way by NOT supervising them..

Alva Mae