Monday, December 7, 2009

Not Me Monday!


Welcome to Not Me Monday! Brought to you by "A crazy lady I no longer wish to be associated with but hate to delete these posts because they tell stuff I did."

Oh, where to begin. It has been a while since I have "Not Me'd" that I am just going to put what I can remember in the post. May not have been this week, but recently, anyway. How about that? Good.

It was not me who searched for a hospital photo id (or whatever) of my Italian God gallbladder doctor on the hospital website where I am to have my surgery so everyone could at least see a peek of him. (Even though they usually look like mug shots.) That would be weird and creepy, and I am not either of those things.


I did not almost cry at choir practice today because I can't be in the choir this year (surgery 16th, singing 19th) even though I had already decided I WASN'T (for real) going to be in the Christmas choir this year. Nope. I never change my mind or want to do something I can't.

I do not miss Aunt Willie and Tonette. My hospital visit and loopy shot made it feel like they were only here about one day. I am not already praying for a Christmas visit, even if it means no more snow at all. Wouldn't bother me a bit. We had one. I'm good til next year.

By the way, we did not get our first snow this year.

A 60 year old man (Randall S., Aunt Willie!) did not wrestle and overtake CULLEN today in a snowball fight after church proclaiming with gasping breaths, "I said I would rub his face in the snow (pause for gasp of air) and I DID!" Randall is a very mature man (cough) and Cullen does not have a way to get at you so said mature man would ever do such a thing.


*Cullen* Go HERE for ALL my "Cullen" stories. The kids a riot.

My dad did not dress up like the Virgin Mary to go up to the gas thingamajig a couple of nights ago. Okay, it was a little more complicated than that. Our gas did not go off again like at midnight and my dad and uncle did not have to go up the hill in the snow on a 4 wheeler (which my dad is NOT afraid of, cough cough. Excuse me, seem to have something in my throat) with Dad riding on the front (hood?) of the thing cause stuff they needed was on the back. My sister did not over look the NEON ORANGE hunting mask and declare us to be toboggan-less so Dad did not put on a hat Sissy Sharon knitted for my mother and then tied a white towel around his head (Virgin Mary reference) and I did not knot it under his chin. (He is sick and on antibiotics, or he would have just forgone the whole ordeal even though it was less than 20 degrees outside.) He also did not have on big mud boots and manly coveralls, so he did not look ridiculous in his get up. We did not all laugh at him. Not even Susie. Dylan also did not keep saying "Hat?" VERY questionably for about an hour. Yes, dear boy, in a pinch, that is a hat.

And, in closing, it is not me who has ALL her Christmas presents BOXED, more than half wrapped, and just waiting on the rest to get here and I am FINISHED and ready for Christmas! I am DETERMINED to be ready before my surgery as much as possible. I just can't wait! I only have about 3 things left to get, and the rest is just a few small things in the mail and I am finished. Ahhh. I won't know what to do the last two days before Christmas!

Well, Happy Monday and See ya tomorrow for True Story Tuesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your missing your family and that you cant sing in the choir this year. Just think after the 16th you'll be done with the surgery and you will hopefully be recovered and can enjoy the holidays!
((hugs))

"A bit melancholy" Aunt Willie said...

Enjoyed the "Not Me Monday's" at least until I got to the part about me and Tonette. It really doesn't matter how much time we have to spend at home, it NEVER is enough! And, for you to have been in a fog part of the time, I can understand how it seemed so much less than the probably total of almost 3 days it was (we got there Thursday @ about 12:45PM and left Sunday @ about 11AM so that would have been almost 3 days stringing it all together).

We had our first snow this AM - just enough to cover the tops of cars and the shrubs. Was quite a surprise - at least to me - the person who never looks at the weather to see what is predicted. I guess I like weather surprises. Did I understand you to say you all had already had snow? Guess I'll have to call and fine out since I didn't talk to anyone over the weekend.

Catch you later............

Foursons said...

OK, this post needs pictures!

And just tell Dr. Italian god that Julie needs a picture of him. I'm sure he'll oblige. :)

Heather said...

Oh dear, still laughing at the Italian God photo search and all of Cullen's shenanigans!

By the way, how is Cuzzin Robyn doing?

Anonymous said...

Everyone has had snow but us. I don't consider a little snow on my car, snow... And so far that's all we have had out here where i live!

I hope we have some snow for Christmas Eve and Day.. After that, i want 70 degrees with 0 humidity! HAHAHAHA!

Everything is going to be great with you after your surgery Lisa, i just know it! You are going to have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, albeit a little sore! Just take care of yourself!

Alva Mae

Anonymous said...

You can rest and get over you surgery the rest of the time before Christmas!!! Hows that for an idea. Or you could bake cookies, put up lights, sweep the house, cook the turkey...... just kidding, by the way.Knowing you I will have trouble with you just trying to do all that and more. you weren't the only one that thought willie and tonette left waaaay tooooo early. It was great to have them even just for not long enough. I wish I had had a camera for Randall and Cullen, it was too too. Love you much Grammy

Anonymous said...

OK, it's Sat. and you haven't posted since Monday...are you ok?
Love you Cuzzin Lisa...Cuzzin Robyn