Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thank You Very Much

The Daily Dribbles


Welcome to Thank You Very Much, brought to us by Kmama. Love it!

To MY MOTHER for taking me to CHEDDARS (a semi-"fancy" roadhouse type of restaurant) on BLACK FRIDAY when everyone and their mother (tee hee) was out on the prowl while I was under the influence of whatever oh-so-wonderful pain medication I had just received from the EMERGENCY ROOM for GALLSTONES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I didn't mind a bit that I had on a shirt I normally sleep in and mens pajama bottom pants. Nope, not at all. And for repeatedly telling me "Stay awake, Lisa!" so I wouldn't fall over in a stupor into my food, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Also, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for leading me out of the restaurant in a way you later described as looking like "How you would lead out an grown special needs child." (This makes TWICE she has done me this way. Before it was Golden Corral, at least a little more laid back!)

To the waiters/waitresses of Cheddars, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for not publicly ridiculing me, at least in front of my face.

To Dylan's "other" side of the family who wouldn't NOT smoke around him while they had him for Thanksgiving, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. The double ear infections and terrible cough and snotty nose he now has is such a joy for him to endure. It WAS recorded by the doctor AGAIN, just so you know. You know what they say about Karma & payback and such.

To my little Italian (I think) doctor I saw today concerning my upcoming gallbladder surgery, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for being absolutely gorgeous. Now I am not nervous at all about you operating on my slab of whale body laying (lying?) upon an operating table, while I shall be unconscious and/or possibly saying utterly ridiculous things while under the happy juice. Just LOVE it when the doctors who see you naked are McDreamies.

To my dentist, Why aren't you a McDreamy, THANK YOU VERY MUCH? I would enjoy that. Immensely.

To "Dale" at Cheddars TODAY (I was "sober" at least) THANK YOU VERY MUCH for mixing up one of my side dishes with RUNNY CARROTS. I DETEST carrots and didn't mind at all that my food had carrot juice on some of it's remnants. (Thankfully for you, you are kind of hot so you didn't get my "I could tear your head off" look, plus still got a good tip from my mother.)

To Victoria's Secret, I HATE YOU. (I know it is supposed to be Thank You Very Much, but I really hate them.) I LOVE their lotions, etc, but always come out of that store feeling 15 sizes bigger due to the posters, models, etc all over the store. The only merchandise I can buy from the store that I can actually use is the lotions, sprays, etc, because my bra size is not to be found in the store. So, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for making me feel even better about myself.

And, as always, THANK YOU
Kmama for this weekly therapy.

7 comments:

Foursons said...

Oh my gosh- you really went to a restaurant in your pajamas? Were you wearing a bra at least?

Let's hear it for hot doctors! Love 'em!

"A Proud of You" Aunt Willie said...

Jammies and tee-shirts are not uncommon at restaurants in Louisville. Or, even in Morehead. Tonette and I saw a gal at Shoney's last Sunday in her jammies and tee-shirt. She was not in the least concerned about what anyone was thinking about her and you shouldn't be either. If they had walked in your shoes during the night at the ER, they might have been glad to be in their jammies and tee-shirt - and OUT OF PAIN!!!! So, as the old saying says, what difference will it make in 100 years anyway???

Be proud of who you are, my dear niece. You are beautiful beyond words - inside and out!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, gall stones AND surgery?! I hope you get to feeling better, girl! And seriously, I have no excuse, but I wear pajama pants and t-shirts out in public just about 4 times a week, which happens to be about every time I leave my house! Ha!

And, oh my word about the cute doctors. I so know what you're talking about. And, Victoria's Secret ... ugh. She can keep her secret. We are NORMAL sized women!! They don't have anything that would fit me either. I'm starting to think they're a bit prejudice against about 70% of the USA, because that's us!

Anonymous said...

Don't concern yourself over any of that light stuff. Going into a restaurant in PJ's is the norm today almost anywhere you go, and as far as Victoria's Secret! PPPFFFTTT~~~~~.. We aren't the too big abnormal ones, they are the too anorexic abnormal ones! We are all beautiful in our own ways, even the skinnies..... I guess! HAHAHA..
Good Letter of Intent,

Alva Mae

Anonymous said...

Don't concern yourself over any of that light stuff. Going into a restaurant in PJ's is the norm today almost anywhere you go, and as far as Victoria's Secret! PPPFFFTTT~~~~~.. We aren't the too big abnormal ones, they are the too anorexic abnormal ones! We are all beautiful in our own ways, even the skinnies..... I guess! HAHAHA..
Good Letter of Intent,

Alva Mae

Anonymous said...

Victoria's Secrect don't have my size either..BE thankful they are way overpriced....
aleast we don't have to gently hand wash and drip dry our underware...

Brenda (jane)
I have to aprils and it's not a chore I enjoy..

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, dear girl, it will be the last time I get to take you out in public it a stupor! You were strong! The food was good and their broccoli WAS way better than mine!!!! I won't forget that one for a while, and I won't let you. In spite of it all we did have a good a time as possible. Love you much, Grammy