Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow Day - Part 2

Here was the actual reason for my day around the neighborhood (in flip flops and shorts), some shots of the snow scenes. The snow was wet and heavy, and hung on the tree branches long into the day. We really didn't get but about 2 inches, but in some places it looks like more.

The mountain in front of our house.

^The Kentucky Hills ^


^The West Virginia Hills ^
(Behind our house. Separated by the river, of course.)
I am jealous, lol, their trees look prettier! My Granny always sang a song about those 'beautiful West Virginia hills.' Mom just said "Aunt Willie will cry again if you put that about the song!"
Here is all that is left of the old Chestnut tree. My Granny finally won the battle and the tree came down. The tree may be gone, but the memories of digging out the spiky things from the chestnuts will forever be "embedded" (ha ha) in my mind. I thought the stump looked very pretty with the snow piled up on it.

I saved the 'best for last.' Our beautiful old barn. It was here when my Papaw and Granny moved here. There is now a (actually very very) small fire hydrant in front of it (thanks a lot stupid fire department, like it couldn't have gone 100 foot down the road) but I edited it out of the photo. It actually isn't very big at all, I just wish it wasn't there at all!
Well, it is now 12:33 and Dylan is still going strong! Hopefully he will wind down very soon, 'cause all his people sure are very tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me (more) homesick. Hopefully I will get to see the Kentucky and West Virginia hills in about 10 days but without the snow or I won't get to come in. The pictures are beautiful, as is all your hard work. Have a great night; gotta go to bed - 6:30AM comes early. Love, Aunt Willie