
I am starting a couple of new things with our blog. One of them is "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" and the other is "Not Me! Monday." I follow both of these blogs, you know, the buttons to the left with all the cuties on them, and their stories are very touching in many ways. I missed "Not Me! Monday" this week, but will hopefully start that next week. I just wanted to add something besides just posting photos all the time. Little stories and such that may or may not have to do with Dylan. Not that this blog is changing in its main star, or anything, so don't worry Aunt Willie! Just wanting to add to it a little bit. I have fell in love with little Abby from the Riggs family and all the MckFamily from MyCharmingKids. If you ever have time, check out both their blogs and their back stories, and you will not only be blessed, but laugh, cry, be inspired, you name it. All you have to do is click on their buttons on my left sidebar and it will take you to their pages. MckMama has inspired me to finally start making some of Dylan's baby food. I know it is a little late, but I always wanted to since he was born, it just didn't seem to happen. Now I am learning a lot about adding healthy things to his diet that isn't hard to do at all. Thanks MckMama! Anyway, on to the purpose of this post..........
This post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.
This week's theme is "things our kids have done" that are either rib-splitting hilarious or embarrassed the stew out of us. Since Dylan hasn't had a chance to really do anything like this, I am taking this opportunity to spill some of mine and Amy's past adventures.
Lisa - AKA Nee Nee - AKA ME - has been known to, in her wee years of life, lay down on Dairy Queen's floor and scream she would eat nothing but food from the Western Steer across the street. I believe I got a spanking and no food from any restaurant that day. Not no food, just no fast food. Sweet Little Me has also been known to pull a Jessica Simpson and want to know if a can of chicken was "Dolphin Safe" before I would eat it. It took my mom 10 minutes to explain to me why chicken did not need the assurance of "Dolphin Safe" stamped on its label. Sadly I wasn't 3 when this happened. I don't exactly remember the year, but I know I am Jessica's age, give or take one year. Her famous tuna episode had already happened, so it was after that. Yeah, can't believe I just admitted that.
Amy - AKA Momma to Dylan - had the infamous Button Incident. She wanted some "monies" to play with, meaning coins for her jar. My mom was in the tub, so she sent Amy to my dad. Brilliant idea. He ignored her request for "monies" so Amy was left to find her own. With the help of one of those multi-tasking nail clippers, she literally sawed off probably over one hundred buttons from the clothing in the closet. We are talking over $1,000 of clothes, and that was a lot of clothes from Hills back in 1989. At least she had her "monies," huh? She really hasn't topped that one to this day, I don't think. My mom discovered her little adventure right away, but she continued to find clothes for MONTHS missing buttons, pieces of fabric, etc. I remember many, many more stories on my sister, but she is asleep and I had better not post anything too bad without her permission. Don't want her to ground me from Dylan or anything. lol.
I guess that is all for this week.... next week's theme is different, so I will try to be more prepared.
No comments:
Post a Comment