Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me Monday! Brought to us by "A crazy lady I no longer wish to be associated with but hate to delete these posts because they tell stuff I did."

Dylan is not so loved he is not still receiving birthday presents nearly a month after his first birthday. Nope, not our sweet little Dylan!

Dylan did not play with the paper for ever before we got him to open the actual present.

After we finally got Dylan to open the present, he was not thrilled with the quilt inside and then proceed to roll around in it for ever. He does not love blankets and quilts and such oh so much.
Dylan is not oh so cute! I am not prejudiced either.
I, Nee Nee, have not tried 3 times unsuccessfully at potty attempts since the first very successful attempt. Dylan has not discovered the purple pot comes out, you know, the part that catches the pee, and is not much more interested in removing said pee-catcher from the potty chair than putting pee in said pee-catcher. Oh well, it is still early and we have plenty of time to potty train successfully.

Poppy did not come in with his hand all wrapped up in some kind of cloth and BLUE PAINTERS TAPE just a couple hours ago. He has not moved up from black electrical tape to painters tape over the years, either. I guess he is saving duct tape as his last resort. He most certainly did not shoot a NAIL through his hand with an air gun while holding some pieces of wood together and nailing it. Poppy is most careful and we do not have a LONG TIME running family joke about 2 or more Salmons family members getting together being a very dangerous situation while constructing anything. Just last week, Poppy didn't fall of a scaffolding (SP?) while building something for our neighbors. He was not warned by the wife that it didn't look safe, either. Poppy also didn't DRILL A HOLE through his brother's hand with an electric drill several years ago, either. I would not be here all day if I tried to think of all the mishaps Poppy has had. He also didn't almost chop another brother in half with a piece of roof tin. He also didn't nearly rip his own ear off years ago on a nail by simply standing up on a ladder. He also didn't almost knock his long time friend and cousin-in-law (I guess that is a title) off a roof, but he was thankfully tied down. Do you think Poppy's reputation has gotten around? When the people working with you TIE THEMSELVES to the roof while working with you? LOL Like I said, I would not be here all day. And don't get me started on all the auto accidents and mishaps.

Now do you see why I was so concerned during all this?




I am not also pushing my luck by posting 2 posts about Poppy without his knowledge or consent! LOL Hey, in my own defense, all of above mentioned information is public knowledge. Ahem.

Poppy is not coming in now, so I do not have to hurry and finish the post before he sees me editing it.

I also did not try to get a picture of his hand all taped up through the garage window, without him knowing I was taking it, so I could put it in this post. I seriously did not succeed. Oh, well.

6 comments:

Wayne said...

Hey lisa thank you so much for your coment. Dylan looks so cute in the pictures and I am so glad he loves his blanket


great not me monday

Anonymous said...

Sitting here reading this I literally laughed out loud and you and poppy are sitting in the kitchen asking me am I ok?!?!?!?! LMBO!!!!!!!! And sadly everything IS true and is so much funnier since everyone (thankfully) survived all said incidents.
Amy aka Momma

Anonymous said...

NeeNee as usual all the pics are good, especially our little Dylan. He's always beautiful. (I guess I can call our boy beautiful). I really enjoyed reliving the stories of the Salmons mishaps and being thankful all over again that so far we've had no real casulities. Please God let it remain so. I hope Poppy don't catch you with your stories featuring him because I fear he would not be at all happy. He keeps talking about getting rid of the computer. That might be the straw that broke the camels back. Hopefully no one will squeal on you. Keep um coming Love Grammy

Anonymous said...

Lucky Dylan!!! Presents a month after his birthday?!!!
You go boy!!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Grammy, Nee Nee. I don't think Poppy would be a happy camper if he was aware of his story lines on the blog. You know he has a kinda personal streak about personal stuff.

Aunt Willie is missing the little boy boy. I'm not sure I can make it till May. Of course, if it continues to warm up I may just have to come in some weekend to pick up some sorta springish clothes as all my spring and summer clothes are hanging in the closet at Granny's and Papaw's house (now sometimes known as Aunt Willie's house but will always remain known as the former). We'll see. Lots of love to you all from me and Tonette.

Rachel said...

I was giggling from your comment on our blog - headed over here and laughed out loud!

I love the stories about Poppy... too funny! I am glad no one was (seriously) hurt?!?!

And Dylan is too cute - love those curls! And hey - we celebrate birthdays for as long as we can! :)