Monday, February 1, 2010

Instead of Not Me Monday.......

Okay, remember like 2 months ago when I said I was going to steal MckMama's "things I have said" post idea but never published it? Well, here it is. (Yeah, I am SO known for my punctuality. ahem.) Instead of "Not Me Monday" by MckMama, I am kinda stealing another type of post she occasionally does. I shall title it "Things That May or May Not Have Been Said Around Here Recently" and no I do not intend to "steal" it permanently or claim to make it my own. I just always wanted to do this!

So, here are some phrases, words or conversations that may or may not have been said around here lately. (Obviously they have been said, mostly, but let's just pretend we're normal for a minute, 'kay? Thanks.)

"Dylan, Do NOT get on your pony nekkid! You will hurt yourself." Pause. Crying from Dylan. "See?"

"HURRY! HURRY! Pick up that 'insert nerve pill name here' before Sugar (our doggie) gets it!" (she thinks anything dropped to the floor is automatically hers.)

"No, Dylan, you cannot wear a bra." "Yes, Doo Doo (Susie) probably has on a bra right now." "No, Poppy does not have a bra on. He doesn't even have a shirt on."

"Hurry and record your daddy coming down the hillside in case he falls!"

"No, Dylan, Nee Nee is watching JC sing right now. You can watch Bye Bye Bye later. It's on in just a minute." "Because Nee Nee likes JC better than Justin, that's why."

"I'm fine, I just can't move! Hurry and come get the baby!"

"I wonder what kind of family they think we are?"

"If I had known it was you that came in (the bathroom at McDonald's) I would have KEPT on singing!"

"I can't believe we didn't know Lance was g.ay."

"It's not everyday you see your psychiatrist at the Disney Store!"

"No, sweetheart. That sticker didn't say a bad word. It said "Let's FuNk" like lets get our groove on! Play that funky music, white boy, ya know?" (she didn't know) (And yeah, that was reaching, but flea markets are good for lovely not-child-appropriate stickers and such on display right beside the religious ones. I was caught off guard.)

"Dog, I'm gonna throw you out the window." (It wasn't Sugar, and I didn't throw it out either.)

"Okay, who scratched a "W" in my leg while I was asleep?"

"Don't worry, James, I TOTALLY knew I almost drove off the rail road tracks back there." (He didn't believe me, either... for some reason!)

"I seriously need my Ricky fix." (Long Story, but funny to ME.)

Me: "I wish I was on the MckCruise." Dad: "The Mark what?"

Me: "Hurry, hurry! Put your glasses on and look........ NOW! Doesn't that kid look JUST LIKE Itty Bit?" Mom: "If Itty Bit is missing, we know where he is!" Me: "I hope for Rachel's sake Itty Bit doesn't act like THAT."

"Latisha, quit scratching your butt while you walk. At least stop and let me kinda hide you so you can get the itch and get it over with."

"I'm so glad you are married cause that was gonna sound like the lamest pick up line EVER."

"Girls, quit arguing over the end of a movie neither one of you have saw! I MEAN IT! Bella picks Edward in the end of the series anyway, so there!" (I would never ruin the Twilight series for 2 ten year olds. ahem.)

"Mom, your last few comments have been so totally 'up to date' as far as computer lingo goes. Where'd you learn to type like that?"

"Hurry, you guys! Get in the car! I just knocked over ALL our plates!"

"NO! MY BIKE Nee Nee!" (One of Dylan's longest declaration statements as of yet!)

"Dylan, that is not your knee. You only have two knees. That is your.... um... your.... well... your other knee." ( I gave up and saved that one for a later date from either Momma or one of the menfolk.)

"THOSE ARE GIRL COLORED SHOES!" "Green, Dad? Really?"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" as I clicked 'YES' on the stupid IP thingy.

"Mom, where is that picture of all y'all laying down with your feet in the air and your butts (with pants on, of course) showing? I wanna send it to S."

"Dylan, Sugar DOES NOT want any more cheerios right now, okay? SO QUIT THROWING THEM ON THE FLOOR!"

"I'll cook some potato soup if it will hush you up."

"You really do know when every light in the house is on."

"Is your mom STILL on the phone?"

Mom: "WHAAAAAAAH!" as Dylan flipped her recliner into 'recline position' without any forewarning.

"Amy, I told you NOT to tell Dad I was eloping in Tennessee instead of just going with Sonya. Don't spoil my surprise!" (NO, I am NOT eloping, but I LOVE teasing my dad!)

And with that note I will finish this edition of "Things That May or May Not Have Been Said Around Here Recently" and wish everyone a Happy Monday!

(Besides, if I were to "steal" MckMama's "Thing" I would DEFINITELY have to work on the name. It is WAY to long for a bloggy button! I cannot keep up with OTHER PEOPLE'S weekly stuff, let alone start my own! LOL)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMBO, SO FUNNY! I HAD FORGOT SOME OF THOSE THINGS HAD EVEN BEEN SAID, YOU FORGOT THE ONE DAD SAID ABOUT MOM!!!
MOMMA AMY

Foursons said...

You lead a very busy life my dear.

Anonymous said...

Lsa,
That's just normal stuff for you guys..I thought you were going to say something...really off the wall..lol

Brenda (Jane)

Anonymous said...

My favorite...
"Hurry and record your daddy coming down the hillside in case he falls!"
How funny!! Love, Cuzzin Robyn

Alva Smith said...

Loved that! Cutest thing i have read in a long time! HAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

You did a great job,NeeNee. I really don't know why you were worried about the normal part. All that stuff IS normal. (Isn't it?) Don't tell me if it's not. Oh yeah, Dad said he thought I would really be stopped before I went into the river. Isn't he too kind. Thought so!! Love Grammy

"An of course it's normal" Aunt Willie said...

Lisa, I loved your post. And, actually I think I heard about half of those comments when your mom and I were on our 2 hour phone conversation the other day!

And, who would think this wasn't normal? What kind of folks are there out there anyway? We are just as normal as the next dysfunctional family will ever be!

I hope you have a wonderful mini-vacation and that it does not rain on your parade.....

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think about becoming a writer? You do a great job, very funny. But when you become famous, don't talk about mine and your mother's butt pictures, OK?